Sunday, November 15, 2009

Book worms

(Books on our dining room table)

My husband and I love books. I mean, we LOVE them. We are avid readers . . . hey, I'm an English teacher, so I guess it's fitting!

Anyway, my husband also insists on buying every book that he wants to read, and unfortunately (or fortunately) I have fallen suit. This means that we need some storage for all of those well-loved pages and pages and pages. And well, for a while we did not have the storage.

Luckily, we have a family friend who is a (as we call him) "master woodworker" who offered to make us some bookshelves for a wedding present. Unluckily, he is also a master procrastinator because it took us about six months after the wedding to finally get them. We also had to paint them ourselves (which was okay with us! We got free bookshelves after all!). It was our first real project in our house, and I have to say, I think it turned out pretty well!




(Sorry these are out of order . . . stupid blogger)

(The living room with the finished bookshelves!)

No comments:

Post a Comment