Saturday, November 7, 2009

Dining Room Dilemma

I have a love/hate relationship with my dining room. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it. There are some great things about it. For example, the large bay window lets in a lot of light. I also love the double-sided fireplace it shares with the living room, and I especially love the light color of the fireplace brick.

Here is a picture of the dining room right after we moved in:

(See that beautiful fire place? And you can see a tiny bit of the window on the right)

We've done a few changes - added some furniture, changed out that hideous light, and while I like it sometimes, I am still on the fence with the blue wall color. Do I change it? Do I keep it? The old owners painted it that color to match the heavy duty curtains that were already there. I get a lot of compliments on the blue color, but I don't know . . . it's so . . . BLUE. And sometimes it has me blue. And sometimes I'm not. I'm so wishy washy.

Here's a more updated dining room picture:

(The much nicer dining room light fixture)

Anyway, what do you think? Do you like the blue suede walls? Or do they make you feel a little down in the dumps?

No comments:

Post a Comment