Sunday, November 22, 2009

It's Beginning to Look . . . or Feel . . . or . . . ok, I just wish it was Christmas!

I know I just mentioned fall decor not that long ago, but now that it is Thanksgiving week, I can't help but think about Christmas decor, especially since Thanksgiving is so late this year. I mean, we only have a little bit over a month until the big day. Hello, people! We need to get a move on.

Ok, ok, hold your horses. Don't worry. I am all about respecting the gobbler and letting Thanksgiving be its own day. However, I am contemplating decorating for Christmas the day before Thanksgiving for a few reasons: 1. We won't be spending Thanksgiving day at our house, so it's not like we would be celebrating turkey day surrounded by red and green and Christmas trees. 2. The weekend after Thanksgiving we are going to be pretty busy, because my parents are coming up from Georgia. 3. The weekend after THAT we are also going to be busy. So, I could decorate with my parents here (my mom might actually like that), or I could just decorate one day early and then have it all ready by the time Christmas time (a.k.a. Black Friday) rolls around.

Anywho. In light of Christmas decorating, I thought I would share some of my decorating from last year. Keep in mind something: this was my first Christmas decorating a house. I am actually pretty proud of how I pulled it off, but I have added a ton of new things to my decorating bin this year, so I can't wait to mix it up, either.

Blah, blah, blah. Enough with the typing. Christmas 2008 at Scenic Drive:
(Dining room)
(Christmas tree)
(Baker's rack in the dining room)
(Fireplace mantel with the old stockings. I got new ones before Christmas. P.S. Can you tell I like lighted garland?)
(New stockings from Crate and Barrel)



No comments:

Post a Comment